HERCULES@Sesame: two weeks training school (26 Oct-7 Nov 2019)
An HERCULES school (Higher European Research Course for Users of Large Experimental Systems) will be organised in SESAME (Amman, Jordan) to train young researchers to exploit synchrotron radiation with a wide range of applications and experimental techniques
An HERCULES school (Higher European Research Course for Users of Large Experimental Systems) will be organised in SESAME (Amman, Jordan) from 26 October to 7 November 2019.
The two-weeks school will train young researchers on the broad basics, techniques of synchrotron radiation and applications in the fields of Material Science, Cultural Heritage, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biomedicine, Structural Biology and Environment.
The school, following the principles of the Hercules school, will include:
- Lectures from internationally recognised experts
- tutorials and practicals in small groups, including on SESAME beamlines
The following experimental techniques will be covered:
- X-ray Absorption spectroscopy
- Infrared spectroscopy
- Soft X-ray spectroscopy
- Powder and single crystal diffraction
- Macromolecular crystallography
- Small-angle X-ray scattering
- X-ray imaging & tomography
Who can apply ?
- PhD students
- Post-doctoral fellows
- Young researchers
- Working in Middle East and neighbouring countries
- Application: Spring 2019 (TBC)
- Confirmation of selection to participants: TBC
- 26 October 2019: beginning of school
Sponsors & Supporting Institutions
The school is entirely funded by the OPEN-SESAME European project.